Americans trend toward greener travel
AMERICANS TREND TOWARD GREENER TRAVEL; NOT JUST EARTH DAY, EVERY DAY
CityCenter’s ARIA Resort & Casino Delivers Year-Round Eco-Friendly Indulgence, No Sacrifices
ARIA Resort & Casino at CityCenter, one of only 40 LEED® certified hotels across the globe and the largest LEED Gold resort in existence, delivers the excitement and indulgence for which the city is renowned while bringing a new level of environmental awareness to the world-famous Strip. The resort was recently named the U.S. winner of Hospitality Design’s 2010 Earth-Minded Awards for Hospitality, heralded for its innovative green technology and sustainable design.
ARIA debuted in December 2009 as part of CityCenter, a dazzling urban resort destination adjacent to Bellagio. ARIA features an extraordinary collection of exceptional restaurants, high-energy nightlife, a world-class spa, exclusive fashion-forward shopping, contemporary gaming, a larger-than-life modern art collection, high-tech meeting and event space, and Viva ELVIS™ by Cirque du Soleil®, celebrating the life and music of Elvis Presley. CityCenter is one of the world’s largest private sustainable developments.
Key Sustainable Highlights:
* Ride in Style. ARIA features the world’s first fleet of stretch limos powered by clean-burning compressed natural gas (CNG); preferred parking for alternative-fuel vehicles; and the electric CityCenter Tram, connecting to five resorts and a retail district on the west side of Las Vegas Boulevard.
* Win Green, Go Green. ARIA’s casino features energy-efficient slot machines with innovative bases that double as air-handling units, efficiently cooling guests from the ground up, rather than wasting energy by cooling empty space from the ceiling.
* Worldly Cuisine, Locally Sourced. Many of ARIA’s acclaimed restaurants buy produce, meat and dairy direct from responsible local sources. Organic ingredients, numerous gourmet vegetarian options and biodynamic wines abound.
* Good for the Soul, Good for the Sole. ARIA is the only Nevada hotel participating in ReCORK, a wine cork recycling program. In partnership with SOLE, ReCORK repurposes corks into footwear products. The program’s goal is to educate audiences about the crucial role cork forests play in curbing climate change.
* Organic Indulgence. The Spa at ARIA transports guests to a state of rejuvenation with multiple organic therapies designed to balance, ease and enhance.
* Stylish and Sustainable. Sensual and sophisticated, ARIA’s contemporary guestrooms and suites may look deliciously sinful, but they incorporate only certified wood taken from forests with responsible management practices. Low VOC paints and sustainable certified carpet ensure the highest indoor air quality.
* Eco Art. CityCenter’s eco-friendly practices carry through to pieces in its museum-worthy public Fine Art Collection. Maya Lin`s “Silver River,” an 84-foot cast of the Colorado River, uses reclaimed silver and pays homage to Nevada`s standing as the "Silver State."
* Seeing Vegas in a New Light. Extensive natural light is showcased in ARIA through expansive glass walls and skylights to reduce energy use.
* On The Strip, Off the Grid. CityCenter features the first energy generation on The Strip through its 8.5-megawatt, natural gas co-generation plant, providing efficient electricity on site (10 percent of overall CityCenter use), reducing emissions and using “waste heat” to provide all domestic hot water at CityCenter, including within its numerous pools. Energy-efficiency initiatives provide a savings equivalent to powering 8,800 households annually.
* Saving Water in the Desert. Gone are the days of unsatisfying showers due to low-flow shower heads. CityCenter worked with manufacturers to invent designer water fixtures that deliver incredibly satisfying, high-pressure showers while using a third less water. At CityCenter, water conservation technology and programs save approximately 40 percent of water within the buildings and 60 percent in outdoor landscaping, for an overall savings of approximately 50 million gallons annually.
A GLIMPSE INTO ARIA
* Guestroom corridors streaming with natural light open to areas of enclosed glass, delivering spectacular city or mountain views. Within ARIA’s 4,004 guestrooms, including 568 suites, panoramic floor-to-ceiling windows offer magnificent views of Las Vegas’ striking skyline. Modern décor, lavish amenities, cutting-edge entertainment and next-generation technology are the hallmark of these plush retreats.
· Presented by Cirque du Soleil in an 1,840-seat theater, Viva ELVIS™ pays tribute to the music and life of Elvis Presley, fusing dance and acrobatics, live music and iconic tracks, nostalgia and modernity, high technology and raw emotion. Extraordinary artistry, stunning special effects and The King of Rock ‘n’ Roll electrify Vegas in a show like no other.
ARIA has assembled many of the best and brightest chefs and restaurateurs from around the country, uniting Las Vegas favorites with a pair of remarkable newcomers.
* Sage – Chicagoan Shawn McClain’s new American menu at Sage is laced with strong Mediterranean subtexts that spotlight his culinary finesse through the seasonal plentitude of neighboring California and the Pacific coast. Fresh produce, artisanal meats, gourmet vegetarian offerings and sustainable seafood converges in McClain’s signature dishes. McClain was named Esquire magazine’s Chef of the Year in 2001 and Best Chef Midwest by the James Beard Foundation in 2006.
* Bar Masa and Shaboo – Chef Masa Takayama shares his unrivaled Japanese cuisine with Las Vegas at Bar Masa. Reminiscent of his legendary New York restaurant, Bar Masa offers two separate dining spaces, each unique in ambiance and cuisine. The spacious Bar Masa invites guests to sample their favorites from an à la carte menu. The more exclusive Shaboo is set in an intimate room and offers an omakase-style experience orchestrated anew each day by Chef.
* Julian Serrano – Award-winning Chef Serrano shares his first professional exploration of his native Spanish cuisine. His namesake restaurant fuses classic Spanish fare with traditional and innovative tapas, seafood, paella and more. Julian Serrano captures the convivial social energy of Spain’s tapas bars with creative food and an imaginative patio setting. Chef Serrano was named Best Chef California (1998) and Best Chef Southwest (2002) by the James Beard Foundation.
* UNION Restaurant & Lounge – The Light Group’s UNION Restaurant & Lounge serves a creative and robust dinner menu featuring contemporary American cuisine. Executive Chef Brian Massie offers unique interpretations of American favorites in a cutting-edge environment. UNION’s hip and open layout by renowned designer Adam Tihany includes a series of strategically positioned floor-to-ceiling architectural "trees" that give the open space a sense of seclusion and intimacy.
* Jean Philippe Pâtisserie – Award-winning Pastry Chef Jean-Philippe Maury delivers beauty, whimsy, and sublime indulgence with the launch of his second Parisian-style pastry shop. The pâtisserie features an array of sweet and savory treats including quick gourmet meals from an on-site kitchen, a 45-flavor line of house-made gelato, exquisite chocolates and seasonal flavors for every delicacy.
* Blossom - Bursting with exotic ingredients, intoxicating aromas, and welcome surprises, Blossom invites to its tables both fans of classic and modern Chinese cuisine. Blossom offers the best of China’s culinary wisdom tailored for the western palate, and a more contemporary Chinese collection with trend-forward dishes fresh from Beijing and Hong Kong.
* Lemongrass - The first Thai restaurant in a resort on the Las Vegas Strip offers a modern interpretation of Thai cuisine. Guests can enjoy authentic Thai dishes such as Papaya Salad, Pad Thai and traditional Thai curries. An interactive satay bar features beef, poultry, pork and seafood skewers grilled on an open fire. The expansive bar showcases inspired Asian cocktails and teas.
* AMERICAN FISH - Michael Mina explores America’s bountiful waterways and great culinary traditions with AMERICAN FISH. The restaurant pays homage to rustic cooking methods from across the country – lobster boils, clam bakes and campfire cookouts – but applies them with modern finesse for a truly refined affair. Dishes draw on authentic regional products from the nation’s great rivers, lakes and oceans, such as Copper River salmon and Great Lakes walleye.
* Jean Georges Steakhouse – Michelin three-star, James Beard Award-winning chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten pushes the boundaries of traditional steakhouse expectations with this contemporary rewrite. The highest-quality meats and seafood from around the world cook to perfection with flavor-releasing techniques, then receive a signature Vongerichten jolt via unexpected sauces and side dishes. House-made steak sauces, mustards, rubs and flavored salts deliver ultimate satisfaction, complemented by sides with atypical flavors like steamed pumpkin, roasted porcini mushrooms and truffle.
* Sirio Ristorante – The Maccioni family introduces impeccable Italian taste with Sirio Ristorante. The balanced Italian menu represents a collection of favorites from restaurateur Sirio Macconi’s childhood and travels. Most dishes are faithfully traditional; others are Italian-American fusions born in the boroughs of New York City.
* The Buffet – ARIA’s gourmet, all-you-can-eat buffet features a delectable array of beef, game, fresh seafood, vegetables and fruit, along with French desserts from the pâtisserie of world-renowned Pastry Chef Jean-Philippe Maury. The 25,000-square-foot haven is flooded with natural light from panoramic windows that overlook ARIA’s pool deck.
From quiet piano bars to hip lounges, ARIA brings day and night to life.
* HAZE Nightclub - HAZE Nightclub is a colossal cutting-edge space in which guests are challenged to question their sense of perception and reality. The main dance floor peers up at a wall of interactive projection screens stretching 100 feet across a performance structure where impromptu acts by world-renowned artists regularly take place, amplified by a one-of-a-kind sound system designed by John Lyons Systems.
* The Deuce Lounge - Located off ARIA’s casino floor is an invigorating destination fusing the elements of an upscale lounge with high-limit gaming, creating an intimate nightlife experience. The space invites guests to try their luck on the numerous blackjack tables around the room while enjoying cocktails from an inventive menu. The lounge also features a number of HD flat-screen TVs for guests to watch evening sporting events while enjoying hors d’oeuvres from UNION’s kitchen.
* The GOLD Lounge - Decadent black and gold throughout, The GOLD Lounge is the latest from the partnership between Cirque du Soleil and The Light Group. Inspired by Elvis Presley’s Graceland, the lounge’s modern decor consists of design patterns found within the Memphis mansion. The lounge offers the ultimate spot to sip on handcrafted cocktails and indulge in contemporary appetizers before Viva ELVIS™ or party into the night while experiencing Vegas’ hottest DJs.
* Bar Moderno - The piano lounge is chic getaway off the casino floor where guests can enjoy masterfully crafted signature cocktails and live music as they bask in the energetic atmosphere.
Spa, Salon and Fitness Center
* Synchronizing balance and beauty, The Spa at ARIA presents a personalized journey for guests into a peaceful haven where nature’s healing properties take center stage. Salt, stone, earth, fire and water join to create a spa experience that elevates guests to a meditative state for introspection and relaxation.
* The 80,000-square-foot spa complex features two levels of luxury including meditation and relaxation rooms, separate men’s and women’s spas with eucalyptus steam rooms and redwood saunas, a full-service salon, deluxe fitness room and group exercise studio. A complete menu of skincare, massage and hydrotherapy treatments from around the world can be enjoyed in its 62 individual treatment rooms, and three private spa suites accommodate couple’s treatments, bachelorette parties or small group events.
Pool Area and Liquid
· ARIA’s vast 215,000-square-foot pool deck is a tropical oasis in the heart of the desert. Shielded by lush plantings of oversized palm, acacia, pine and bottle trees, the soft and sensual paradise features three primary pools and Liquid, an adults-only pool operated by The Light Group.
* The ultimate in poolside opulence, Liquid is defined by its distinctive contemporary ambience and ultra VIP service. Poolside music sets a lively mood as guests enjoy the exclusivity and seclusion provided by towering palms. Two luxury VIP pools create a tempting cool oasis from the hot Vegas sun.
Business and Convention Travel
* ARIA provides the most magnificent meeting experience in Las Vegas with a unique blend of modern architecture, distinctive décor, and 300,000 square feet of technologically advanced meeting and convention space paired with an abundance of natural light through a beautiful glass wall overlooking ARIA’s pool deck.
* Four ballrooms offer the flexibility to accommodate gatherings of all sizes from 10 to 5,000 attendees, and three feature fully functioning theatrical stages. The facility encompasses three levels and delivers a total of 38 meeting rooms ranging from 800 to 2,000 square feet on each level.
Art at ARIA
* Maya Lin – Perched high above ARIA’s reception desk against a panoramic window is Lin’s first work of art in Las Vegas: “Silver River,” inspired by the boundaries and topography of the Colorado River as it carves the desert landscape of the United States. In the spirit of CityCenter’s commitment to sustainability and in light of Nevada’s standing as “The Silver State,” Lin used reclaimed silver to develop her creation.
* Tony Cragg – Located within ARIA’s Self-Park Entry Lobby atrium are Cragg’s three towering columns – “Bolt,” “Bent of Mind” and “Untitled.” “Bolt,” a 10-foot-high stainless steel sculpture, swirls upward from its narrow base in an imaginative bolt of lightning; “Bent of Mind” gives the illusion of an elegant silhouette of a face, as do many of his other works; and “Untitled” (tall column) presents a smooth, curving dialogue.
* Jenny Holzer – As guests exit ARIA’s North Entrance via the valet, they encounter “VEGAS,” which displays Holzer’s thought-provoking phrases, including some from her famous “Truisms,” scrolling across the LED wall. Because CityCenter attracts visitors from around the world, Holzer included international proverbs as a way to welcome, include and intrigue.
* Antony Gormley – Suspended over ARIA’s Promenade oculus, “Feeling Material” is part of Gormley’s continually developing series in which he reinvents the human form. Using spiraling steel, Gormley aims not only to represent the silhouette of the human body but to visually convey the physical space it occupies; a still place at the center of an orbiting energy field.
* Henry Moore – In The Park between ARIA and Crystals, guests happen upon “Reclining Connected Forms,” 1969-1974, a sculpture by English artist Henry Moore, one of the most celebrated sculptors of his time. Inspired by the fundamentals of the human experience – the primary theme of his life’s work – the sculpture measures approximately 10 feet tall and 17 feet long by 7 feet deep, represents a baby wrapped in its mother’s embrace. The graceful outer shell of the sculpture depicts the changing shape of a pregnant figure as it protects the new life growing within.
Retail at CityCenter
* Just outside ARIA’s lobby doors is Crystals, CityCenter`s retail and entertainment district. The luxurious shopping area houses more than 500,000 square feet of sophisticated retail and dining. Designed by Studio Daniel Libeskind with interior architecture by David Rockwell, Crystals combines dramatic architecture with exclusive offerings from the world’s most elite brands. This magnificent gathering place welcomes guests on a journey through couture, cuisine and entertainment as they enjoy a unique sense of place at the heart of the world-famous Strip.
* An incredible array of prestigious brands at Crystals include the largest Louis Vuitton store in North America, as well as flagship stores for Tiffany & Co., Prada, Gucci, Roberto Cavalli and Ermenegildo Zegna, all presented under Crystals’ multi-faceted canopy of unprecedented brilliance. Unique-to-the-market retailers include TOM FORD, Carolina Herrera, Paul Smith, Kiton, Kiki De Montparnasse, Marni, Assouline, H. Stern, Tourbillon, Porsche Design, de Grisogono, Lanvin and rLo Gallery (Rodney Lough Jr. Wilderness Collections Gallery).
* Restaurants debuting Las Vegas locations at Crystals include Eva Longoria Parker’s Beso and Mastro’s Ocean Club, joined by an exciting new pub concept – Todd English P.U.B. Wolfgang Puck offers two innovative new restaurant concepts, The Pods by Wolfgang Puck and Brasserie PUCK, a French-style brasserie which features interpretations of traditional French classics.
<<<--- ARIA Resort Casino and Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas Named at Conde Nast Travelers 2010 Murphys Law Bar & Grill offers daily specials and events --->>>
Read more about Las Vegas> SIN with Dorm Days at Vanity at the Hard Rock Hotel
> The SPA at Four Seasons Las Vegas
> The Latest Vegas - June 2010
> Phantom - The Las Vegas Spetacular at The Venetian
> DJ Cobra at Rehab at the Hard Rock Hotel
Write a Comment about Americans trend toward greener travel
English Français Español Nederlands Italiano Portuguese Norsk
Sitemap Google Google+ © 1997 - 2018 CasinoBillionaire All Rights Reserved