MGM Mirage resorts in Las Vegas - news May 2010
Beat the Heat: Experience Summer Nights on The Strip
The coolest way to enjoy Las Vegas’ summer temperatures is an outdoor evening of fun. From exciting entertainment to award-winning dining and outstanding nightlife, MGM MIRAGE resorts offer spectacular outdoor retreats to enjoy the city’s dazzling summer nights.
* Mandalay Bay kicks off its popular summer Beach Concert Series in May featuring outdoor performances by some of the hottest names in music. Guests can relax in the water or bring a blanket and sit on the sandy beach as they enjoy concerts by this summer’s hottest headliners. Featured artists include Cypress Hill (May 22), Barenaked Ladies (May 29), Boz Skaggs (June 5), Rick Springfield (June 19), The Wailers (July 10), Gypsy Kings (July 16) and Jimmy Cliff (July 24). Guests also can enjoy a special Independence Day fireworks show and reggae concert on July 4. After the concert, the party continues at miX Lounge at THEhotel. Atop the 64th floor, miX Lounge features a unique, outdoor deck offering sweeping vistas of The Strip where guests can enjoy an outstanding selection of specialty cocktails and small bites.
* Enjoy an unforgettable outdoor dining experience on the balcony of Prime Steakhouse at Bellagio. Guests are invited to enjoy the award-winning cuisine of Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten as the world-famous Fountains of Bellagio perform their nightly shows. The balcony is open daily from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
* A sophisticated retreat in the heart of CityCenter, Bar Vdara’s outdoor patio is one of Las Vegas’ hidden gems. Featuring whimsical touches including outdoor swings and a tranquil reflection pool, Bar Vdara is an ideal place to enjoy a late-night cocktail. Try the “Pan Pan Passion,” a refreshing mix of Skyy Passion Fruit Vodka, fresh ginger juice and homemade Pan Pan soda.
Savory Spa Treatments
Deliciously decadent spa treatments allow you to indulge in the scents and flavors of your favorite treats – calorie free!
* Escape to the tropics while enjoying a fruity HYLUNIA® Papaya Mango Facial at Luxor’s Nurture Salon and Spa. Popular for their healing enzymes, the treatment begins with a cleansing papaya and bromelain exfoliation. Next, toning and a multi-vitamin mask hydrate the skin for a fresh, healthy glow.
* Spoil and soothe your skin with unique body scrubs available at The Spa at The Mirage. Craving something sweet? The new Sweet Cream & Whipped Honey body treatment features a sugary maple and honey body scrub and sweet cream moisturizer leaving your skin soft and silky. Need to loosen up? Try a rich Hot Whiskey body scrub. This 100-proof treatment includes a Bourbon exfoliation with warmed brown sugar and Kentucky whiskey to smooth your skin. A deep-moisture massage with whipped white velvet Shea Butter completes this lush treatment.
* Healing coconut milk is the highlight of Spa Bellagio’s Deep Coconut Surrender. Focusing on the back, neck and shoulders, this concentrated treatment calms even the most stressed bodies. Coconut milk is drizzled along the spine and back of the legs to induce total-body relaxation.
Ladies Night in Las Vegas
Pack your bags, girls! This summer Las Vegas is all about the ladies, offering the hottest entertainment, dining and nightlife. We’ve compiled a list of our favorite hot spots for you to plan the perfect girls-only getaway.
* All Access VIP treatment awaits at MGM Grand. Reserve one of our premium suites and experience non-stop Vegas excitement all weekend long with added amenities including nightly access for two guests to Studio 54 or Tabú, daily gym access for two, 2-for-1 cocktails at Studio 54 and Tabú, complimentary wi-fi access for 24 hours and exclusive invited-guest registration upon arrival. The All Access VIP package is available for booking now through August 31 with rates starting at $204.99 per night plus tax. Reserve your suite online now at www.mgmgrand.com.
· Wake up and experience Las Vegas’ famous daylife offerings at LIQUID Pool Lounge at ARIA Resort & Casino. An adults-only experience, LIQUID offers the ultimate in poolside opulence. Featuring a state-of-the-art sound system and world-class DJs, ladies will enjoy the lively mood and exclusivity and seclusion provided by towering palms. Luxe cabanas are equipped with 40” flat-screen televisions and offer chaise lounges, plush daybeds and access to two semi-private dipping pools. For poolside refreshments, LIQUID features a playfully sophisticated menu with such delectable choices as King Crab & Jalapeño Tacos and LIQUID-Ritas. LIQUID is open daily from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Guests must be 21 years of age or older. Entry charge applies.
* Outrageously entertaining, Girls Night: The Musical debuts this summer at MGM Grand’s Hollywood Theater. The UK smash hit, “tell-it-like-it-is” production, follows five friends as they gather for a night of wild karaoke. Audience members are invited to tag along with the remarkable and outrageous women to celebrate friendship, life, love and laughter. Bursting with energy, Girls Night is a hilarious, feel-good comedy that promises to have audience members dancing down the aisles to chart-topping female anthems like Lady Marmalade, It’s Raining Men, Girls Just Want to Have Fun, I Will Survive, and many more.
Tickets are priced at $97.90 (premium seating in the first row), $73.70 and $53.90. All tickets include service charge and handling fee for performances May 6, 8 - 9, 13 – 16 and
20 – 23 at 7:30 p.m. All ticket holders will be issued a gift bag which includes a light-up tiara, a feather boa and a CD which will be signed after the show by the performers.
Tickets can be purchased at any MGM Grand ticketing outlet, online at www.mgmgrand.com or www.ticketmaster.com, or by phone at (800) 929-1111 or (702) 891-7777.
* For an unforgettable dining experience, end your weekend at Bellagio’s Fountains Brunch at Jasmine. A delight for the senses, you’ll enjoy delectable gourmet dishes paired with breathtaking views of Bellagio’s iconic dancing waters. Offering internationally inspired brunch items alongside traditional American breakfast selections, Fountains Brunch favorites include the Organic Brown Egg Station offering build-your-own omelets as the luxurious Lobster-Potato Cake Eggs Benedict. Complete your feast with sweet indulgences from our extraordinary pastry shop and you won’t need to worry about going home hungry. Brunch is served on Sundays from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. For reservations, call (866) 259-7111.
A Hunka-Hunka Yum!
The spirit of Elvis Presley is alive and well in Las Vegas, and our guests can’t help falling in love with these Elvis-inspired treats at ARIA Resort & Casino and Mandalay Bay.
* Elvis’ favorite fried peanut butter and banana sandwich is taken to a whole new level at ARIA’s SKYBOX Sports Bar & Grill’s “Elvis Special.” An open-faced caramelized banana sandwich, topped with crunchy peanut brittle and vanilla bean ice cream, offers the perfect combination of sweet and crunchy.
* A “Love Me Tender Margarita” is the perfect refresher during Cirque du Soleil’s Viva ELVIS. Served in the Viva ELVIS showroom, this rocking ‘rita is made with a combination of Herradura Blanco, Cointreau, agave nectar, fresh lime and sour over ice. More of a whiskey fan? Try a “Velvet Elvis,” a manly mix of Jack Daniels, Chambord and sour.
* After the show, “Tennessee Waltz” your way to The GOLD Lounge for the must-try “Blue Suede Shoes” cocktail. The flavorful mixture of Grey Goose L’Orange, Blue Curaçao, white cranberry, simple syrup and fresh lime juice will have you ready to dance the night away.
* Can’t get enough of Elvis’ favorites? Head over to Rick Moonen’s rm seafood at Mandalay Bay where you’ll find “Fat Elvis,” warm chocolate-bacon-banana spring rolls, for dessert.
* Wash it all down with Burger Bar’s “Frozen Elvis.” This sweet and creamy adult milkshake is made with Sobieski vanilla vodka, Bols white crème de cacao, Bols butterscotch and banana liquors, fresh banana, peanut butter and chocolate syrup with whipped cream.
Everyone loves a good comeback and the return of classic Prohibition Era cocktails are the hot new trend celebrated monthly at Sage at ARIA Resort & Casino. “Prohibition Mondays” takes guests back to Repeal Day with 2-for-1, high-grade handcrafted cocktails including “Hemingway Daiquiris,” “Clover Club Cocktails” and “Prohibition Punch.” Guests also can enjoy 2-for-1 draft beer specials and complimentary hors d’oeuvres, such as crispy pork skins, warm homemade pretzels and fried dill pickle chips. “Prohibition Mondays” are celebrated on the last Monday of every month from 9 p.m. to midnight.
<<<--- The Groove Cruise is invading New York MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay chefs honored at 2010 James Beard Foundation Awards --->>>
Read more about Las Vegas> The Palms Las Vegas nightlife - 22
> Hard Rock Hotel Las Vegas - Feb 25
> The Palms Las Vegas nightlife - 4
> Adventuredome at Circus Circus Hotel
> Treasure Island Hotel Casino Las Vegas
English Français Español Nederlands Italiano Portuguese Norsk
Sitemap © 1997 - 2019 CasinoBillionaire All Rights Reserved